Applications Now Open-Deadline Extended!
Joining our Youth Activist Network is how so many change-makers get their start in activism, make friends with activists across the country, and begin to build their power as organizers.
Join our Youth Activist Network to be one of over 100 youth activists aged 14-24 in a year-long fellowship who receive training, support, and $600 per semester to organize for reproductive justice in your community! Those accepted will be flown to Washington, DC to receive in-depth training at our Youth Activist Institute this coming September 7th-11th.
APPLICATIONS FOR ECHO ARE STILL OPEN. APPLY BY MAY 19TH.
Our activists have used our training and resources to bring gender-neutral housing to their campus, pass state legislation expanding abortion access, urge their campuses to adopt better policies to combat sexual assault, advocate for better HIV policies in their cities, educate their communities about LGBTQ Muslims, and so much more. Each council works on different issue areas related to young people’s reproductive and sexual health. Take a look at each program page below for more information.
Accepted applicants will get two $600 stipends (one per semester). Responsibilities include:
- Speaking about the work of your council on your campus or in your local community
- Attending virtual council meetings
- Checking in with your council coordinator, a member of Advocates for Youth staff who can provide advice and guide your activism
- Planning, promoting, and participating in weeks of action (here’s an example from Abortion Out Loud, and here’s an example from YWOC4RJ.)
- Creating content such as newsletters, brochures, and social media toolkits (here’s an example from #FreeThePill Youth Council).
- Speaking to media about issues if you’re comfortable (we provide training!)
- Click below to read more about the council you’re interested in joining, as each council has unique qualifications and priorities.
PLEASE NOTE: We are currently only accepting applications for our ECHO council.
Before applying here, keep scrolling to learn about our programs below and decide which one you’d like to apply to. (Still have questions? Watch our FAQ video below, where Advocates for Youth staff go over each program and answer questions. Feel free to fast forward to the program that interests you.)