Advocates for Youth is committed to transgender young people’s health, rights, and safety.
- In our youth advocacy programs,we work with transgender, gender expansive, and cisgender youth activists fighting for transgender rights.
- We work with educators and school administrators to help make schools safer and more supportive for gender expansive youth.
- We are part of a coalition working to ensure gender expansive youth are included in the Youth Risk Behavior Surveillance System, an essential tool for understanding trans youth’s health needs.
- We have created resources for gender expansive young people, including our popular “I Think I Might Be Transgender” resource and educational animated videos on AMAZE.
- Our sex education curriculum,3Rs, fully meets the National Sex Education Standards and is inclusive of gender identity.
- We are committed to ensuring inclusion for transgender young people across our programs and campaigns.
Resources for Transgender Youth and Their Families
Legislation attacking transgender youth and their families has become common. Below are a few links for understanding the law and navigating systems that provide gender-affirming care and other supports for transgender young people.
Interactive Map: Comprehensive Care Programs for Gender-Expansive Children and Adolescents
The HRC's Google-based map of clinical care programs for transgender and gender-expansive youth.
Support by and for transgender people.
Trans Health Legal Fund
A legal defense fund for those criminalized for accessing gender-affirming healthcare
Transline Gender Medical Consultation Service
Designed and maintained by clinicians, this service provides information that may help both transgender people, and health care professionals working with transgender people.
ACLU Legal Map
Tracks bills that impact LGBTQ people.
Transgender Law Center Guide to Insurance Coverage
A guide to ensuring gender affirming care is covered by insurance.
Transgender Law Center Health Resources
Info on a variety of transgender health topics.