100 Organizations Call for Swift Expansion of Reproductive Health, Rights, and Justice by Biden Administration in Ad Published in Washington Post
Today, the Blueprint for Sexual and Reproductive Health, Rights, and Justice, representing more than 100 bold, progressive organizations including Advocates for Youth, published a full-page ad in the Washington Post highlighting top priorities for the Biden-Harris administration to swiftly expand access to sexual and reproductive health, rights, and justice. The ad highlights actions from the Blueprint First Priorities, which are among the most pressing needs to improve reproductive health, rights, and justice — including abortion access — in the U.S. and around the world.
This push comes a day before the Biden-Harris administration is expected to announce executive actions regarding sexual and reproductive health care. Leaders from the Blueprint for Sexual and Reproductive Health, Rights, and Justice table will host a press call today at 3:15 p.m. ET to discuss these issues’ critical importance, the future of health care under the Biden-Harris administration, and outline the work ahead. Speakers will include:
- Marcela Howell, president & CEO of In Our Own Voice: National Black Women’s Reproductive Justice Agenda
- Julia Kaye, ACLU Reproductive Freedom Project, lead counsel, ACOG v. FDA.
- Alexis McGill Johnson, president and CEO of Planned Parenthood Federation of America
- Dr. Herminia Palacio, president & CEO of Guttmacher Institute
- Serra Sippel, president of the Center for Health and Gender Equity (CHANGE)
Media interested in joining the press call should RSVP HERE. ***PLEASE NOTE: All comments and remarks made during this call will be embargoed until the president officially announces his executive actions.