Job Opening: Operations Coordinator, Finance & Technology
TITLE: Operations Coordinator, Finance & Technology
SUPERVISOR: Senior Vice President, Finance and Administration
ORGANIZATIONAL DESCRIPTION: Advocates for Youth (Advocates) partners with young people and their adult allies to champion youth rights to bodily autonomy and build power to transform policies, programs and systems to secure sexual health and equity for all youth.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: Through funding from private foundations, government agencies, corporations and individuals, Advocates partners with youth activists, state-based organizations, school districts, youth-serving organizations, community-based agencies, and health care providers in the U.S. and abroad to build support for and capacity to promote youth sexual health, rights and justice. The organization has a youth activist network 100,000+ strong and is active on 1,200 college campuses and in hundreds of communities across the U.S.
Staff also partner with young people, NGOs, schools and government agencies abroad to improve young people’s access to honest sex education, confidential sexual health services and the resources and opportunities youth need to build strong communities and strong lives.
Advocates works towards a society in which all young people are valued, respected, and treated with dignity; sexuality is accepted as a healthy part of being human; and youth sexual development is normalized and embraced.
POSITION OVERVIEW: Supports the Finance and IT functions of the organization. Processes accounts payable/receivable, including ensuring appropriate and complete records. Assists with annual audit preparation. Works with Operations team leadership and external IT support to maintain IT infrastructure and progress IT improvement projects. Conducts all other operations duties as assigned by the Senior Vice President, Finance & Administration.
- Process weekly accounts payables through Bill.com
- Process weekly accounts receivables
- Ensure proper internal controls when processing AP/AR
- Support annual audit/990 process
- Assist with annual 1099 processing work with Ops leadership to move Finance
improvement projects forward
- Assist in processing annual business registrations and other compliance-related
- Serve as internal staff liaison for IT needs and assist with IT troubleshooting as
- Maintain IT inventory lists
- Assist with employing IT strategies and setting best business practices across the organization
- Work with Ops leadership and external consultants to move IT improvement projects forward
- Maintain accurate meeting notes to assist the team with keeping track of the current state of IT and current projects.
- Take lead on digitizing historical operation records.
- Assist Team with Finance & Technology improvement projects
- Maintain system integrity for Finance & other Ops systems/processes as assigned. This includes but is not limited to
○ Conducting staff follow ups and supporting staff
○ Onboarding access and training for new staff as well as training current staff as needed
○ Offboarding employees in systems/processes
○ Creating improvements for processes and systems as needs evolve
- Serve as lead administrator and troubleshoot support for systems such as:
○ Company credit card system process
○ Timesheet Process- system to come
○ Gmail and other simple IT needs.
○ ADP- backup system support
- Other Operations duties as assigned (Ex. Reception support as needed)
- At least 1-2 years’ of experience in nonprofit accounts payable/receivable
experience, familiarity with IT administration, and supporting the implementation of new operation support systems.
- Proficiency with Bill.com is preferred as well as additional accounting software support systems (timesheets, etc.).
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills; excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as organizational skills with strong attention to detail. Strong ability to manage up and work in a fast paced environment.
SALARY: $60,000 (non negotiable)
HOURS: This is a full-time position (32 hours per week, four-day work week) and includes health/dental benefits, life and short- and long-term disability insurance, 403(b) retirement plan, and student loan paydown benefit.
LOCATION: Advocates’ offices are located in the District of Columbia. Candidates for this position are required to be located in the Washington, DC/Maryland/Virginia (DMV) area.
Advocates’ offers a hybrid style work environment, affording staff the flexibility to work remotely as well as in the office, as appropriate for the role.
START DATE: Negotiable but ideally no later than April 1, 2024.
TO APPLY: Please send cover letter, resume, and three references by February 15, 2024 to email@example.com with subject line Operations Coordinator, Finance and Technology, and last name.
Incomplete applications will not be reviewed. No telephone calls or email inquiries, please.
Advocates for Youth is an equal Opportunity/Americans with Disabilities Act employer and strongly encourages people of color and LGBTQ people to apply.