Young Womxn Of Color for Reproductive Justice Collective (YWOC4RJ Collective)
The Young Womxn Of Color for Reproductive Justice Collective is a collective of 14-24 year old activists working towards ensuring reproductive freedom for all people. Advocates for Youth will develop the Young Womxn Of Color for Reproductive Justice Collective at the local and national level to decrease sexual health disparities in communities of color, advocate for the inclusion of young womxn of color in creating solutions to address the impact of reproductive oppression, and empower a new generation of reproductive justice activists within the progressive movement. We are accepting interested YWOC4RJ activists on a rolling basis to grow and engage young womxn of color as issues impacting young womxn of color are elevated in the media and through our work.
Young Womxn of Color for Reproductive Justice Leadership Council (YWOC4RJ LC)
- The Young Womxn of Color for Reproductive Justice Leadership Council (YWOC), a project of Advocates For Youth, is a council of 14-24 year old young women and nonbinary organizers of color who are working to educate, empower, and fight back against issues impacting their community through a reproductive justice lens. We seek to aid young people of color in harnessing their power and mobilize them in solidarity with each other to create a society free from all forms of oppression, specifically those that directly impact young womxn and nonbinary folks of color. YWOC serves as the leadership council for the YWOC4RJ Collective and regularly engages the larger collective through online and offline activism opportunities. YWOC is currently made up of 16 activists from across the country organizing to decrease sexual health disparities in communities of color, advocating for the inclusion of young people of color in creating solutions to address the impacts of oppression, and building power with a new generation of organizers for reproductive justice.
Goals of YWOC4RJ Collective and Leadership Council:
- We TRAIN and develop young womxn of color leaders using a reproductive justice framework to be impactful organizers that spark change within their communities and build the next generation of reproductive justice freedom fighters.
- We EDUCATE our communities on their sexual health and reproductive rights to decrease sexual health disparities within communities of color.
- We MOBILIZE and develop campaigns to fight back against all forms of reproductive injustice.
Are you a young womxn of color who is committed to reproductive justice, looking to grow your leadership skills, and connect with other young womxn of color across the country? Apply for the Young Womxn of Color for Reproductive Justice Collective HERE and keep checking back for the application to join the Young Womxn of Color for Reproductive Justice Leadership Council in late 2023!
*The term “womxn” was chosen some years ago and since then, language has evolved to where this term isn’t the best fit for this group, which is welcoming and affirming of trans women and nonbinary individuals. We are in the process of selecting a new name, and apologize for any offense the current name may give.
The Future is YWOC Campaign Goals and Issue Areas:
- Racial Justice
- LGBTQIA Justice
- Comprehensive Sexuality Education
- Abortion Rights and Reproductive Freedom
- HIV/AIDS Awareness and Ending the Epidemic