2020 Student Organizing Team Application
The Student Organizing Team is a cohort of rad students from across the country that lead the fight to make material improvements in students’ lives! Members of our Student Organizing Team run strategic issue-based campaigns across one or more of the following issues: racial justice, reproductive justice, LGBTQ rights, workers’ rights, survivors’ rights, and more.
In this program, students have organized successfully for:
• Free condom and menstrual hygiene dispensers on campus
• Gender-neutral housing and restrooms at their schools
• Defeat of Campus Carry, Anti-Trans Bathroom, Abortion Parental Consent bills
• Restorative Justice policies in K-12 schools across their state
• Dismissal of violent campus police officers following police brutality
Advocates for Youth provides all student organizers with organizing and media training, ongoing technical support, and a stipend for each semester ($350/semester, total $700/year). Preference will be given to applicants who are associated with a student group and/or local community organization. Attending our upcoming virtual Youth Activist Institute on September 10th-14th, 2020, is mandatory.
• Organizing a campaign for change at your school and/or community
• Participating in monthly one-on-one check-ins with Advocates for Youth staff
• Participating in Advocates for Youth’s national campaigns
• Be based in the U.S, at a high school, trade school, college or university, and between the ages of 14-24
• Available to attend and fully participate in the virtual Youth Activist Institute on September 10th-14th
• Commitment to organizing a campaign for change at your school and/or in your community