What is the YWOC4RJ Leadership Council?
The Young Womxn of Color for Reproductive Justice Leadership Council is a group of 14-24 year old young women and non-binary people of color from across the country who work to educate, mobilize, and amplify issues impacting their community and ensure access to their full reproductive rights and sexual health education. We seek to develop the leadership and mobilize young people of color in solidarity with each other to create a society free from all forms of reproductive oppression. The Leadership Council serves as the steering committee for the YWOC4RJ Collective and regularly engages the larger collective through online and offline activism opportunities.
What do YWOC4RJ organizers do?
Organizers receive training and resources throughout the year in order to:
- Launch issue based campaigns or mutual aid projects for reproductive justice in their schools or local communities. Some past examples of YWOC member campaigns include organizing for free menstrual products at a state level, or creating a citywide mutual aid project that distributes free contraceptives.
- To advocate for the inclusion of young women and non-binary people of color in the planning, implementation, and evaluation of sexual health and reproductive rights programs and policies.
- To engage and mobilize young young women and non-binary people of color ages 14-24 on issues that impact them and their communities.
Who can apply to join YWOC4RJ?
Participating in YWOC4RJ is a year-long commitment from July 2023 – June 2024. Members of YWOC4RJ will receive a stipend of $600 per semester – a total of $1,200 for the year – upon meeting the requirements of the program.
- Be ages 14-24
- Identify as a person of color
- Identify as a woman, non-binary, genderqueer, agender, or any gender identity that is not male.
- Attend the Youth Activist Institute: This year, we’re so excited to be hosting the Youth Activist Institute in Washington, D.C! Activists accepted into our program are expected to attend the Youth Activist Institute in-person this September 8-12th, but in the instance you are not comfortable traveling with the pandemic, there will be a hybrid option for participants.
If you have questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org