YWOC4RJ Leadership Council
Applications are due May 31st, 2021
What is YWOC4RJ?
The Young Womxn of Color for Reproductive Justice Leadership Council is a group of 14-24 year old young women and non-binary people of color from across the country who work to educate, mobilize, and amplify issues impacting their community and ensure access to their full reproductive rights and sexual health education. We seek to develop the leadership and mobilize young people of color in solidarity with each other to create a society free from all forms of reproductive oppression. The Leadership Council serves as the steering committee for the YWOC4RJ Collective and regularly engages the larger collective through online and offline activism opportunities.
What do YWOC4RJ organizers do?
Organizers receive training and resources throughout the year in order to:
- Raise awareness among young people, especially young women and non-binary people of color, about the need for sexual health and reproductive rights.
- To advocate for the inclusion of young women and non-binary people of color in the planning, implementation, and evaluation of sexual health and reproductive rights programs and policies.
- To engage and mobilize young young women and non-binary people of color ages 14-24 on issues that impact them and their communities.
Who can apply to join YWOC4RJ?
Participating in YWOC4RJ is a year-long commitment from June 2021 – June 2022. Members of YWOC4RJ will receive a stipend of $600 per semester – a total of $1,200 for the year – upon meeting the requirements of the program.
- Be ages 14-24
- Identify as a person of color
- Identify as a woman, non-binary, genderqueer, agender, or any gender identity that is not male.
- Be able to attend the virtual Youth Activist Institute from September 17-20th, 2021
If you have questions, please email email@example.com