Cultural Advocacy and Mobilization Initiative
Through the Cultural Advocacy and Mobilization Initiative, Advocates seeks to change society’s dysfunctional approach to sexual health and to assist state and local organizations in the implementation of science-based comprehensive sex education policies. Toward this purpose, Advocates for Youth:
- Works with organizations in target states to empower youth activists to advocate for policy changes related to comprehensive sex education and other sexual health and rights issues in their communities. Their goal is to mobilize people in their state to fight for honest, responsible sex education and to ensure that young people are listened to and have a voice within the debate. Advocates does this by helping to create and train a youth leadership council that builds a base of other youth supporters.
- Created and oversees Amplify (www.amplifyyourvoice.org), an online activism and information portal for youth and other activists in the field dedicated to sexual health, reproductive justice, and youth-led grassroots movement building. Amplify members in the United States and around the world create and participate in campaigns, blog about issues and events in culture and politics, take online actions toward ensuring adolescent reproductive and sexual health and rights, and increase the awareness of youth sexual health issues in the greater online community. Visit Amplify to learn more.
CAMI project partners include:
- The AIDS Taskforce of Greater Cleveland (Ohio): Ohio Advocates Youth Leadership Council
- Adolescent Pregnancy Prevention Campaign of North Carolina: Teen Health Now
- The Texas Freedom Network: TFN Student Chapters
- Planned Parenthood of South Florida and the Treasure Coast: Broward County Youth Council
- Colorado Youth Matter : Colorado Youth C.R.E.A.T.E.
- Tell Them: S.W.A.R.M. (Students With a Responsibly Message)
, State Strategies Coordinator
, State Strategies Manager
Advocates for Youth
2000 M Street NW, Suite 750
Washington, DC 20036 USA