Five Years of Abstinence-Only-Until-Marriage Education: Assessing the Impact [PDF]
- Section 510(b) of Title V of the Social Security Act, P.L. 104-193.
- Sexuality Information & Education Council of the U.S. Title V abstinence-only-until-marriage funding. SIECUS State Profiles: A Portrait of Sexuality Education and Abstinence-only-until-marriage Programs in the States, Fiscal Year 2003 Edition. New York: Author, 2004.
- Cagampang HH, Barth RP, Korpi M, Kirby D. Education Now and Babies Later (ENABL): life history of a campaign to postpone sexual involvement. Family Planning Perspectives 1997; 29:109-114.
- Data are approximations, drawn from numbers provided in citation #2 above and: SIECUS. Between the Lines: States' Implementation of the Federal Government's Section 510(b) Abstinence Education Program in Fiscal Year 1998. New York: Author, 1999.
- Kirby D, Short L, Collins J, Rugg D, Kolbe L et al. School-based programs to reduce sexual risk behaviors: a review of effectiveness. Public Health Reports 1994; 109 (3):339-360.
- Kirby D. No Easy Answers: Research Findings on Programs to Reduce Teen Pregnancy. Washington, DC: National Campaign to Prevent Teen Pregnancy, 1997.
- Kirby D. Emerging Answers: Research Findings on Programs to Reduce Teen Pregnancy. Washington, DC: National Campaign to Prevent Teen Pregnancy, 2001.
- UNAIDS. Impact of HIV and Sexual Health Education on the Sexual Behaviour of Young People: A Review Update. Geneva: UNAIDS, 1997.
- LeCroy & Milligan Associates. [Final Report, Arizona Abstinence Only Education Program Evaluation, 1998-2003]. Phoenix: Arizona Dept. of Health Services, Office of Women's and Children's Health, June 2003.
- Kirby D, Korpi M, Barth RP, Cagampang HH. The impact of the Postponing Sexual Involvement curriculum among youths in California. Family Planning Perspectives 1997; 29: 100-108.
- Florida State University School of Social Work. Florida DOH Abstinence Education Providers Pretest/Posttest Analysis. Tallahassee, FL: Florida State University and Florida Department of Health, 2002-2003.
- Florida State University School of Social Work. Total Sample Pretest/Posttest Analysis Behavior Survey. [Florida Abstinence Evaluation] Tallahassee, FL: Florida State University and Florida Department of Health, 2002-2003.
- Saunders EJ, Landsman MJ, Graf NM, Richardson B. Evaluation of Abstinence Only Education in Iowa: Year Five Report. [Iowa City, IA]: Iowa Department of Public Health, Oct. 2003.
- Olsen LK and Agley D. Analysis of Four Years of Abstinence-Only Human Sexuality Programs in Maryland. [Abstract of paper presented at 130th Annual Meeting of the American Public Health Association, November 13, 2002.]
- E-mail communications between Larry K. Olsen and Debra Hauser (with Sue Alford), August 20, 2004 through September 01, 2004, Washington, DC: Advocates for Youth, 2004.
- Professional Data Analysts and Professional Evaluation Services. Minnesota Education Now and Babies Later: Evaluation Report 1998-2002. St. Paul, MN: Minnesota Dept. of Health, Division of Family Health, Maternal and Child Health Section, .
- Barnett JE and Hurst CS. Abstinence education for rural youth: an evaluation of the Life's Walk program. Journal of School Health 2003; 73: 264-268.
- Barnett, Jerrold E. An Evaluation of an Abstinence-only Sex Education Program in Rural Communities. [Submitted proposal, paper and other format sessions, Presentation at the 2002 annual meeting of American Educational Research Association.]
- Sather L and Zinn K. Effects of abstinence-only education on adolescent attitudes and values concerning premarital sexual intercourse. Family & Community Health 2002; 25:1-15.
- Dowler D. Short-Term Impact of STARS (Students Today Aren't Ready for Sex). Portland: Oregon Health Division, Program Design and Evaluation Services, 2000.
- Smith E, Dariotis J, Potter S. Evaluation of the Pennsylvania Abstinence Education and Related Services Initiative: 1998-2002. Philadelphia, PA: Maternal and Child Health Bureau of Family Health, Pennsylvania Department of Health, January 2003.
- McBride D, Noyes P, Wear M, Malloy C. Abstinence Education Program Evaluation: Final Report, October 2003. Prepared for the Office of Maternal and Child Health Washington State Department of Health.
- McBride D, Noyes P, Wear M, Villanueva T et al. Washington State's Teen Aware Program Evaluation: Final Report, December 2003. Prepared for the Office of Maternal and Child Health Washington State Department of Health, 2003.